segunda-feira, 29 de junho de 2009

Do verão e da acidez do deserto

Gonzo: I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting The Fear.
Duke: Nonsense. We came here to find the American Dream, and now we're right in the vortex you want to quit. You must realize that we've found the Main Nerve.
Gonzo: That's what gives me The Fear.
Duke: Look over there. Two women fucking a Polar Bear.
Gonzo: Please, don't tell me those things... Not now. This is my last drink. How much money can you lend me?
Duke: Not much. Why?
Gonzo: I have to go.
Duke: Go?
Gonzo: Yes. Leave the country. Tonight.
Duke: Calm down. You'll be straight in a few hours.
Gonzo: No. This is serious. One more hour in this town and I'll kill somebody!
Duke: OK. I'll lend you some money. Let's go outside and see how much we have left.
Gonzo: Can we make it?
Duke: That depends on how many people we fuck with between here and the door.
Gonzo: I want to leave fast.
Duke: OK. Lets pay this bill and get up very slowly. It's going to be a long walk.

em Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, argumento de Terry Gilliam, Tony Grisoni, Tod Davies e Alex Cox, a partir da obra homónima de Hunter S. Thompson