segunda-feira, 25 de maio de 2009

Da moral do artista

David: Listen, Flender. I'm completely mixed up. Ellen, Ellen, I love Ellen. She's been with me the all time, stuck by me.
Sheldon: Yeah.
David: I knew she would be happier back in Pittsburgh, we've had a great relationship.
Sheldon: Right.
David: I love her dearly.
Sheldon: Yes. Yes.
David: And yet...
Sheldon: Get to the point. What is the problem here? It's always been clear that you've loved Ellen.
David: I've become involved with Helen Sinclair, and I feel terrible. But I can't help myself. She's so charismatic, and she's brilliant and beautiful. I mean, a real artist, and, and we speak the same language.
Sheldon: You're wracked with guilt.
David: I'm wracked with guilt.
Sheldon: You're wracked with guilt.
David: I don't know whether...
Sheldon: You are wracked with guilt.
David: I can't sleep.
Sheldon: Guilt is petit-bourgeois crap. An artist creates his own moral universe.
David: I know that. I know...
Sheldon: Well? What is the problem then? Look, I'm gonna give you some advice. I'm gonna give you the same advice that was given to me many years ago when I had a very similar dilemma.
David: Similar to mine?
Sheldon: Yes.
David: To...
Sheldon: Yes.
David: What did you do? What?
Sheldon: You gotta do what you gotta do.

em Bullets Over Broadway, argumento de Woody Allen & Douglas McGrath